Since I decided not to plan a 2019 Make Nine I got to thinking about what inspires me online and moves me to make. Scrolling through my feed I got the idea to recognize a selection of my favorite makers and their impelling contributions. I’ve put them together for what I’m calling my 2019 Inspired Nine. It is my belief that sincere complements and recognition should be expressed freely. I appreciate the vision of these creatives and what it does for me - I think it's about time I let them know!
1. @gothamkid aka Mr. Old Bones is the professional creative in this pair. His talents have no end, and his support & disregard for limits constantly move me to push my own
2. @sarah_naomil718 has that quintessential Parisian style, and determination like no other. She's too tiny to fit into most pattern sizing so the woman grades them down herself!
3. @stitch.and.press.ahn is one of my oldest friends irl and it thrills me to no end that we now have this shared passion! I need her to come back from Amsterdam soon, though or I will never catch up that that European chicness that's rubbing off on her.
4. @kelerabeus is well on her way to being a master tailor in my book and she always seems to be upping her game. I'm sure I've got her in years but I still want to be like her when I grow up!
5. @sezane is by far has the coolest look going on in ready to wear at the moment, I love everything I see. Almost makes me want to buy clothes again, but instead I'll do my best to copy them! That still the sincerest form of flattery, right?
6. @lovetosew.podcast consistently produces sewing education with heart and personality. Going to work Tuesday mornings is 100x better thanks to these talented women.
7. @fionaparker17 not only looks like a doll, she sews herself the classiest handmade wardrobe and blogs extensively about it. She's the queen of using high end fabrics but stays helpful and down to earth in the process.
8. @zoubizoubisou has really got her style down pat and everything she posts stops me in my tracks. A great example of quality over quantity.
9. @elsielarson runs the creative blog I’ve read most consistently through the years, but it’s that absolute angel of hers that put her on this list. Nova’s smile lights up my feed and her enthusiasm for life uninhibited by her disability is truly inspirational. Not to mention the girl chooses some fantastically outrageous outfits that have definitely taught me a thing or two.
Want to jump on board with me? Feel free to post with the hashtag #2019inspirednine and if you do please make sure to tag me!